Use the following table to resolve common sign in errors on the Cox web site.
|Cause of the Problem ||Solution |
User ID and Password haven't been created yet
Refer to Cox.com Account Registration and Preferences to set up your User ID and Password.
Password was entered with incorrect capitalization
The password is case sensitive, meaning "WizardOfOz#9" is different from "WIZARDOFOZ#9" or "wizardofoz#9."
- Make sure the CapsLock and NumLock keys on the computer keyboard are unlocked.
- Re-enter your password.
Password was forgotten
- Click the Forgot Password? link in the Sign In box on www.cox.com.
- Enter your User ID.
- Follow the instructions to reset your password. For security, you will enter your Secret Answer to the Secret Question.
- Return to the Sign In box and log in with the new password.
Password lock out
Several failed login attempts in a row is perceived by the system as a security threat, such as a possible break in. The system "locks out" additional login attempts. This lock out is intended to block unauthorized access to your account. If your login fails after several attempts, click the Forgot Password? link to reset your password.
Note: Cox cannot undo or remove a "lock out" in process.
User ID was forgotten
- Click the Forgot User ID link in the Sign In box.
For security, you will provide your Cox 16-digit account number, PIN, or the last four digits of your Social Security Number and the Secret Answer to your Secret Question.
Result: The User ID of the account holder displays.
The account holder can look up the User ID of an Authorized User by clicking My Connection on the Home page, My Account, then Manage Users.
Secret Answer was forgotten
- If the Secret Answer has been forgotten, contact Cox Customer Support to either reset the password or look up the User ID so you can log in and update the Secret Answer.
- Return to the Cox homepage and Sign In with your User ID and Password.
- Click My Account, then Edit Secret Question. Select a new Secret Question and enter a new Secret Answer.